Liverpool have submitted a bid for 17-year-old Brazil starlet Marcelo Pitaluga, reports claim.
According to Globe Esporte, the teenage goalkeeper is wanted by the Reds and they’ve formally made a move for him by opening talks with Fluminense.
And the Brazilian club may be forced to sell Pitaluga this summer due to their worrying financial situation.
The youngster’s family are said to want the transfer to go through as Liverpool have promised them a house and also said Pitaluga’s father will be given a job by the club.
Earlier this year, Pitaluga was pictured alongside Liverpool’s current No.1 Alisson, whose brother, Muriel, is first-choice goalkeeper at the youngster’s club, Fluminense.
It’s set to be a busy week at Old Trafford as Manchester United are due to complete a signing, make a move for another target, and also possibly sell two players.
The Red Devils are expected to finalise the £40m arrival of Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to offload two men to free up space in his squad.
Jesse Lingard and Anreas Pereira are set to be cut as they are the duo deemed surplus to requirements at Old Trafford , with plenty of midfielders ahead of them in Solskjaer’s pecking order.
And, finally, the Red Devils will make their move for RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano once Van de Beek’s signing is confirmed.
Solskjaer wants a new defender to arrive this summer to play alongside Harry Maguire, and Upamecano is the man chosen despite him recently signing a new contract with Leipzig until 2023.
Arsenal have also been linked with the 21-year-old Upamecano.
Chelsea have agreed a £72m fee to sign Kai Havertz, with the much-anticipated transfer set to be completed this week.
The Blues will take their summer spending past £200m when the deal for Havertz is announced, with the £72m fee making the Germany midfielder Chelsea’s record signing, surpassing the £71.6m spent on Kepa, the goalkeeper, last year.
Peter Bosz, the Bayer Leverkusen head coach, announced on Monday that Havertz is no longer training with the Bundesliga club ahead of his proposed transfer.
“Unfortunately, our squad has not yet been determined,” said Bosz. “I don’t expect Kevin Volland and Kai Havertz to train with us again. It is possible that other players will also change. We definitely need to bring in players.”
Lionel Messi’s proposed transfer to Man City is ‘likely’ to be completed this summer, according to Barcelona presidential candidate Toni Freixa.
It has been reported that City are prepared to pay Messi more than £450m over five years if he moves to the Etihad this summer, with the Argentine superstar hoping to leave Barca following a falling out with their board.
Man City emerged as key suitors for Messi as Pep Guardiola wants to reunite with his former star player, and Freixa believes the transfer to Manchester is on the cards.
“I think a move to Man City is likely,” the Barca presidential candidate told Goal.
“With Pep, Messi experienced his most brilliant years in Barcelona. It would only be logical if both of them worked together again.
“City, like almost all English clubs, also has the financial means to build a team that can win anything.”
Trusted transfer journalist Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos will be spending another season on loan at Arsenal.
The Spanish playmaker has been a big hit at the Emirates and proved himself essential to Mikel Arteta’s squad, particularly after the Premier League restarted following the break in play from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The 23-year-old is now set to remain with the Gunners for another campaign as Arteta looks to build on his strong start as manager of the north London club.
According to France Football, the Senegalese centre-back has agreed to move to the Etihad, though a formal bid is yet to be submitted by the Premier League club.
City have already sealed the signing of Nathan Ake from Bournemouth in a £41million deal, but another defender is being targeted as Pep Guardiola seeks to regain the Premier League title in the 2020/21 season.
Koulibaly, who was strongly linked with a move to Manchester United last summer, has established himself as one of the finest defenders in Europe since his move from Genk in 2014, making 246 appearances for the Serie A giants.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan has left Arsenal to join Roma on a permanent deal.
The Armenia midfielder had his contract with the Gunners terminated by mutual consent, allowing him to join the Serie A club on a free transfer.
A statement from the Gunners read: “Everyone at Arsenal thanks Micki for his contribution to the club and wishes him all the best for his future with Roma.”
Mkhitaryan began last season at Arsenal, playing in three games before joining Roma on loan in September.
He scored nine goals and contributed five assists in 22 Serie A appearances during the 2019-20 campaign.
That deal was initially due to expire at the end of June but the clubs agreed a short-term extension to cover the end of the coronavirus-hit season.
The 31-year-old moved to Arsenal from Manchester United in January 2018 as part of the swap deal that saw Alexis Sanchez head to to Old Trafford. He played 59 times for the Gunners, scoring nine goals.
Liverpool colossus Virgil van Dijk has backed Donny van de Beek to thrive at Manchester United.
The playmaker is close to joining the Red Devils in a deal believed to be worth £35million.
And Van Dijk believes it is a ‘great step; for the Ajax man to make.
When asked if he was trying to change Van de Beek’s mind about joining United, he told the Metro: “No.
“I wish Donny all the best.
“It’s fantastic for him and great for Dutch football.
“It’s another great step to another beautiful club for a Dutch player.”
Trusted transfer journalist Jan Aage Fjortoft has revealed Manchester United are very much in for Thiago Alcantara.
Liverpool have been heavily linked with a move for the Bayern Munich midfielder but the Red Devils may step up their attempt to hijack the move in the coming days.
Speaking on ESPN, Fjortoft said: “Yes, Man Utd want Thiago. That is absolutely true. They are still in the market for him. Everybody thinks it will be Liverpool, but we thought that about Timo Werner and now he’s wearing blue.”
Crystal Palace are the frontrunners to sign Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher on loan this summer, reports claim.
According to the Standard, the 20-year old is close to agreeing a new long term contract with Chelsea before going out on a temporary move for the season.
Gallagher scored six goals in 26 appearances for Charlton during the first half of the 2019/20 campaign before being recalled and sent back on loan to Swansea during the January transfer window.
Brighton defender Shane Duffy is set to join boyhood heroes Celtic on loan, talkSPORT understands.
Graham Potter was keen to keep Duffy but the centre-back expressed a desire to leave after being told his game-time would be limited this season following the emergence of academy product Ben White.
Seagulls chief executive Paul Barber told talkSPORT: “Shane has been absolutely magnificent for us, literally from the day he joined.
“He is a massive character on the pitch, he is an even bigger character off the pitch. He is loved by everyone at the club.
“It is a difficult decision for Graham because there are so many centre-backs you can accommodate in one line-up, but Shane has been magnificent.
“We will be disappointed if we do lose him, but we also understand he wants to play football.”
Schalke have reportedly joined the race to sign Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez.
The Argentine shot-stopper has shone for the Gunners in recent months following an injury to Bernd Leno, keeping nine clean sheets in 23 games last season after the Premier League restart.
Martinez proved himself more than capable of being just a back-up and helped the north London club win the FA Cup.
Barcelona ace Luis Suarez has ‘got in touch’ with Juventus chief Pavel Nedved over a potential transfer that would see him link up with Cristiano Ronaldo .
The Uruguay forward is set to leave Camp Nou this summer after being made surplus to requirements by new manager Ronald Koeman.
Suarez, the former Liverpool attacker, is Barcelona’s third top scorer of all time with 198 goals for the Catalan club.
Kepa Arrizabalaga is set to stay at Chelsea for the upcoming season after receiving a backing from Petr Cech.
The goalkeeper, a club record £71.6million signing from Athletic Bilbao in 2018, was dropped by Blues boss Frank Lampard last season.
He was snubbed for Chelsea’s crucial final-day Premier League clash with Wolves, before sitting on the bench for the FA Cup final and the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie against Bayern Munich.
Willy Cabellero, 38, started those matches with Kepa fearing he had played his last game for the club.
However, The Sun claim the Spain stopper, who has four years left on his £150,000-a-week deal, plans to fight for his Chelsea future rather than leave.
The Blues have been linked with several goalkeepers this summer, including Burnley’s Nick Pope, Atletico Madrid’s Jan Oblak and Rennes’ Edouard Mendy.
Chelsea technical and performance adviser Cech has admitted the club could bring in a new goalkeeper, but insists they are not ‘giving up’ on Kepa.
He told Sport.CZ: “Kepa struggled last season, that is unquestionable.
“But the club invested in him and gave him a long-term contract because they believe he has the qualities and attributes to be successful.
“Additions will be made to the squad, perhaps even in goal, and this is what is being discussed now.
“But nobody is giving up on Kepa and we all hope he has a great future.”
No other top-10 club conceded more Premier League goals than Chelsea (54) last term.
And Lampard has addressed his side’s defensive woes by bringing in Ben Chilwell for £50million from Leicester and Thiago Silva on a free transfer.