‘Grealish has his heart set on Man Utd move’
Jack Grealish “has his heart set on Manchester United”, according to Michael Owen, with the Aston Villa playmaker expected to push for a move despite his asking price rising on the back of Premier League safety.
Owen has said: “I’m told he has his heart set on Manchester United. I’d be surprised if he went anywhere else.”
Torres on Man Utd’s wish list
Villarreal defender Pau Torres is an option being considered by Manchester United, according to The Times.
The Red Devils are eager to bring another centre-half onto their books and are scouring Europe for the best available talent.
Vertonghen to Man Utd makes sense, says Jenas
Jan Vertonghen would be the ideal partner for Harry Maguire, according to Jermaine Jenas, who says a move to Manchester United “makes sense” for the ex-Tottenham defender.
Vertonghen declared himself open to a new challenge away from Spurs earlier this year, citing Spain or Italy as possible next destinations.
Jenas believes the experienced centre-back still has plenty to offer in the Premier League, and that he could be the answer to United’s issues at the back.
Valencia’s Torres eager to seal Man City move
Valencia winger Ferran Torres is eager to complete a move to Manchester City, according to BBC Sport.
The Spanish outfit will sanction the 20-year-old’s departure if their £40 million ($51m) valuation is met.
City boss Pep Guardiola sees Torres as the ideal replacement for Leroy Sane, who joined Bayern Munich at the start of the month.
Leverkusen drop out of race for Chelsea target Onana
Chelsea will not face a challenge from Bayer Leverkusen for the signature of Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana – according to Kicker.
It had recently been reported that Leverkusen had submitted a bid for the 24-year-old, but the club have denied making contact with Ajax.
Chelsea are eager to replace club-record signing Kepa this summer, and Onana is near the top of their list of targets.
Chelsea expect Willian to join Arsenal
Brazilian set for Emirates switch
Chelsea are expecting Willian to join Arsenal on a free transfer at the end of the season – according to The Guardian.
The 31-year-old is set to become a free agent in August, and he has yet to accept the Blues’ terms over a possible contract extension.
Chelsea have offered Willian a new two-year deal but he’s holding out for an extra year, and Arsenal are now poised to swoop for his signature.
Arsenal see second bid for Partey rejected
The Gunners will need to up their offer to sign the Ghanaian
Arsenal’s pursuit of Atletico midfielder Thomas Partey has suffered a blow with the Spanish club rejecting a second offer for their player.
The Guardian reports the Spanish capital club turned down the Gunners latest offer and will only accept an amount that meets the player’s release clause of £45.5m (€50m).
The 27-year-old Ghanaian international has been a dominant presence for Atletico in midfield over the past few seasons.
Man Utd target Grealish slapped with £80m price tag
Any club wanting to sign the English playmaker will need to break the bank
Aston Villa owner Nassef Sawiris wants any suitors for Jack Grealish to pay £80 million to sign the club’s captain.
Manchester United lead the race to sign the English midfielder but will need to fork out Sawiris’ request to acquire Grealish, reports The Mirror.
Sheffield Wednesday set to swoop on Man City talent
Manchester City youngster Fisayo Dele-Bashiru is close to joining Championship side Sheffield Wednesday, according to The Star.
The publication states that Wednesday and the player have agreed personal terms on a three-year deal with a medical to be undergone imminently.
Southampton chief Semmens delivers latest transfer update on Ghanaian star Salisu
Southampton chief executive officer Martin Semmens has confirmed the club “are in the process” of wrapping up a deal for Real Valladolid centre-back Mohammed Salisu.
In just his first season of senior football, the Ghanaian made headlines in La Liga with a streak of fine 2019-20 performances which attracted the interest of a host of top European clubs.
Cameroon midfielder joins Toulouse from Azur Star Yaounde
Toulouse have announced the signing of 18-year-old Cameroon international Steve Mvoue from Azur Star Yaounde.
The teenager, son of Regine Mvoue – the first ever captain of Cameroon women’s team will continue his development with the Violets, who will commence life in French Ligue Two next season.
Everton start pursuit of Zaha
Crystal Palace will field offers for Wilfried Zaha with Everton getting ready to make a move on the striker.
The Ivory Coast international wants to leave Selhurst Park and the Toffees are preparing a bid for the player, according to the Mirror.
Zaha only managed four goals in 38 Premier League appearances for Palace during the recent season.
Inter’s Brozovic and Bayern’s Tolisso could swap clubs
Inter midfielder Marcelo Brozovic could be on his way to Bayern Munich with Corentin Tolisso heading in the opposite direction.
According to Calciomercato, Brozovic wants to leave the Nerazzurri and the Bundesliga champions are an option that appeals.
It’s understood Inter may ask for Tolisso in return if any deal for Brozovic is discussed.
Spurs edge closer to Hojbjerg signing
Tottenham are close to completing the signing of Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, a report from Sky Sports says.
The London club have offered £15 million ($19m) for the Denmark international, but the Saints are apparently holding out for £25m ($32m).
Kyle Walker-Peters, who has been on loan at Southampton from Spurs, has been discussed as being part of a possible deal.
Juve reach deal with Napoli’s Milik
The Polish attacker could be Ronaldo’s new strike partner in Turin
Juventus have agreed personal terms with Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik – with only a fee to be now be negotiated between the two clubs.
The Old Lady are looking for an attacker to boost their squad with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain in the latter stages of their careers.
Milik, 26, wants to join the Serie A champions, according to Gianluca DI Marzio, with Juve considering offering up Federico Bernardeschi as part of any deal.
Aston Villa set for another spending spree
Premier League survivors Aston Villa are to launch into another spending spree after only just avoiding relegation.
Villa were one of the league’s biggest spenders prior to the recently completed season but only avoided the drop to the Championship with a final day point at West Ham.
According to the Mirror, the Midlands club are keen to outlay £150 million ($193m) on new players in a bid to ensure survival for next season.